ST STEPHANOS PHILOPTOHOS SOCIETY
The Philoptohos Society (lovers of the poor) has been an indispensable part of this Parish since its founding in the 1980s.
All the women that have served on this committee have volunteered their time to:
- raise funds to support the Parish financially
- raise funds to support and care for the needier members of the community and those of the wider Australian community
- visit the sick in hospital, in nursing homes and their homes
- raise funds to support other charitable institutions
- raise funds to support St Andrew’s Greek Orthodox Theological College, our Monasteries and other Church institutions
- clean and maintain the Church
- provide support to the Priest with many other initiatives.
If you would like to help or would like more information, please contact Fr Nectarios, President of the Philoptohos Society, on 0414241360 or email@example.com